Skip to main content

[Eng] Zen and Mediation

Last week, I watched the TV program "Zen and the 21st Century" in the morning.

Various important words were spoken. In particular, I thought about how Zen and meditation are different.

Meditation has taken root in Western societies thanks to people from Western countries who have learned Zen. What is the purpose of meditation there? I often hear the word 'mindfulness', but it seems to be a way of life that values ​​this moment right now. It may be a story about how to live like yourself, in a sense, how to live your true self.

However, it might be different from Zen. Zen opens yourself, opens yourself in the relationship with the surrounding things, releases yourself into the environment, so the boundary between yourself and the surrounding environment disappears, it connects with nature and the environment. According to the TV program, that was the story of the basic idea of ​​Zen.

In other words, meditation and the mindfulness are considered to be what you do and how you strengthen yourself. It looks like far from a Zen perspective.

It is certain that we are asked how we live in the context of the new society affected by the new coronavirus. At that time, you feel that, including yourself, you often think of yourself as to what you should do, how to live, how to improve yourself, or how to change the world.

At the same time, the days when you don't physically contact with others remind you of the imagination of thinking about others and the feeling that you are not living alone but in relation to various things.

You are not the only one living. In relation to various things including humans and the environment, you are comfortable and healthy, and full of fun if the surroundings and environment are so too. 

You would open yourself to others and the environment. Rather than thinking about yourself.

There is no need to telling lies, to follow public opinion, or to consider win and defeat. Accept yourself as it is and open yourself to others and the environment, even though perhaps you won't gain wealth, honor, or fame, and living will not be easy.

However, when you realize that you are a member of various things in the world, and find that they are all in the relationship, you are different from the common sense and evaluation in the world so far. By living in such a way that someone thinks of someone, you can imagine other people and the environment. It might give a little hope to current somewhat pessimistic future to some extent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ind] Mereka Percaya Indonesia Mencintai Jepang

Mungkin ini saya perlu memberitahukan kepada teman-teman orang Indonesia. Ini adalah refleksi pandangan sebagian masyarakat Jepang tentang Indonesia. Beberapa hari yang lalu, ada suatu posting twitter tentang sejarah Indonesia dan Jepang. Jika ada yang bisa baca bahasa Jepang, silahkan membacanya secaralangsung.     Posting Twitter tentang Sejarah Indonesia dan Jepang (bahasa Jepang) ********** Awalnya mulai dari persoalan ujian di suatu universitas swasta. Isinya mahasiswa/i diminta bikin kesimpulan dari tulisan tentang sejarah Indonesia-Jepang. Tulisan tersebut termasuk pendidikan sejarah di Indonesia yang mengatakan bahwa penjajahan tentara Jepang selama 3,5 tahun bisa dikatakan lebih berat daripada penjajahan Belanda. Ditambahnya, pendidikan sejarah di Jepang tidak begitu banyak mengajar apa yang Jepang melakukan di Asia Tenggara termasuk Indonesia pasa waktu Perang Dunia II. Tidak mengajar juga tentang penjajahan tentara Jepang terhadap wilayah Indonesia. Mestinya mahasiswa/i Jepa

[Eng] Start from the Local as Base of Our Life

I was born in Fukushima, Japan, from my father and mother with Japanese nationality. Automatically, I had my Japanese nationality. I did not have any right to choose my nationality. Nothing more than a coincidence. If born in Indonesia from my Indonesian parents, I became an Indonesian. I could not decide to choose the place I was born. If born in the Dutch East Indies 100 years ago, I might have no sense of any nationality. Nothing more than a coincidence. But, after I was born, I had lived with my family at a place. The place is called as my hometown. My place of birth has had a special meaning for my life. Maybe I has lived in several places other than my place of birth. Those places often have special meanings for my life. There are deep memories of my living there. Such place is not regarded as the nation, but as the local. I have special feelings on Fukushima as my place of birth, Tokyo as my current living place with my family, Busan as my first visited foreign city in my life,

[Ind] Kuliah Khusus Online (1) tentang Kusta dan Diskriminasi

Pada tanggal 18 Juli 2020, kami mengadakan Kuliah Khusus Online Yoridori Indonesia (1), mulai pukul 13.00 WIB. Kuliah Khusus ini merupakan kesempatan bagi banyak orang, termasuk tidak hanya pelanggan majalah informasi web "Yorori Indonesia", tetapi juga masyarakat umum. Untuk saat ini, sementara pelaksanaannya secara gratis. Ada keinginan untuk menyebarkan informasi berbagai macam keanekaragaman Indonesia terutama kepada masyarakat Jepang lewat kesempatan ini. Sekaligus, kami mencoba melaksanakan dengan dua bahasa (Jepang dan Indonesia) sesuai dengan permintaan dari pembicara dan ini diharapkan menjadi kesempatan dialog langsung antara orang Indonesia dan orang Jepang di dalam tema yang sama. Dalam acara pertama kali ini, kami mengundang Mr. Yuta Takashima, salah seorang pendiri dan tetap aktif di Yayasan Satu Jalan Bersama, sebuah yayasan yang membantu para pemulih kusta di Indonesia, dengan tema “Berpikir tentang Kusta di Indonesia dan Diskriminasi berdasar Penyakit Menular